Black Steel Mobile Ltd is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Workplace diversity and inclusiveness is about valuing individual differences, embracing and leveraging these in the workplace. Diversity in this context covers gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation and religious belief.
Black Steel Mobile Ltd strives to create and maintain a workforce which capitalises on the diversity of its people, through collaboration and inclusion of a vast range of differences. Black Steel Mobile Ltd recruits, promotes and compensates on the basis of merit, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, sexual orientation, union membership or political opinion. It requires that people in the workplace are treated with respect in accordance with the group’s philosophies of equal employment opportunities, and antiharassment and discrimination policies.
Black Steel Mobile Ltd has a strong belief that fostering an environment in which every individual has an opportunity to develop and grow has multiple benefits which help drive the success of the group’s businesses, including:
- The inclusion of a broad range of perspectives and experiences;
- Diversity of thought, which generates healthy discussion and therefore better decision making; and
- Recognising that the uniqueness of every individual encourages an engaged, vibrant and highly productive workforce.
- Black Steel Mobile Ltd believes it is fundamental that the principles of diversity and inclusion are actively reinforced throughout every aspect of the group’s businesses. Practical application of this policy is intended to be achieved by:
- Black Steel Mobile Ltd encourages Employees to apply for and to and use annual leave to celebrate any religious, cultural and/or traditional holidays.
- Ensuring strategies for recruitment and selection, development and talent management recognise the benefits of diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- developing employee experiences and capabilities across multiple divisions and platforms and supporting the professional development of employees; and
- creating an environment which supports and promotes equitable behaviours and practices, and respects individuals and groups of people