Based in Auckland, Black Steel are specialists in structural steel beam fabrication for residential buildings and earthquake strengthening projects. Our mobile steel fabrication workshops come to your site to make sure everything we do is accurate and meets the requirements of your building plans.
From minor dwellings through to complex projects specifying the highest-quality finishes and attention to detail, our highly skilled and experienced tradespeople know how to get the perfect finish for you.
Black Steel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1995. Today, Black Steel is one of the best known, capable and innovative leaders in the steel fabrication business.
In 2020, the business was purchased by Fatu Fuatavai. With degrees in science and engineering, Fatu has vast experience in the engineering and building industries and is ready to lead Black Steel into its next 25 years with the same integrity and precision workmanship that its clients have come to expect.
THE BLACK STEEL ADVANTAGE
The team at Black Steel provide:
- A large team of qualified and experienced steel fabricators
- A large fleet of mobile fully-equipped workshops
- A friendly, professional team that works with your other tradespeople to ensure the best possible outcome for you and your project
- Steel fabrication and welding services throughout the Greater Auckland region
- Fully compliant health and safety policies
- Site-specific health and safety plans
- A modern, spacious Auckland factory workshop
- A full galvanising, metal spraying, and steel-rolling service
- Steel, components and consumables that are all New Zealand Building Code-compliant, certified, and fully traceable
EXPERTISE, EXPERIENCE AND SAFETY
Using the experts means you benefit from up-to-date industry knowledge.
We are members of:
- The Steel Construction New Zealand,
- Site Safe, and